Saturday, July 18, 2009

Publix Family Fitness Weekend


My second Tri!!
400 yard swim in open ocean
9 mile bike on A1A
1.7 mile run

The run was pretty short, just one time around the park. But the transition area was also in the park so we had to run a good quarter of a mile from the beach to the transition.


Poor Lincoln has an ear infection, is constipated, and has a temperature.
So after I raced Josh took mom and dad (my parents visiting from WA) and the kids home. Mom and Dad came back for Isaac's race. They made it 5 minutes before he started. YAY Grandma and Grandpa!!

Below is a pic of me a Rich. husband of one of the AMAZING women I get a chance to hang out with. Chelsea also raced with us but we couldn't find her for a pic. Rich was pretty disappointed. It was his first Tri and he was in the first timer division. He took 4th!! I was pretty impressed, but if he had been with his age group he would have taken 2nd.
I was just excited to have some one else to race with. He finished 17 minutes in front of me and started after me. I was surprised that they had men mixed in with the women. The whole organization of this TRI WAS HORRIBLE!! Everything from picking up the packet to the traffic on the bike route to Isaac's race.
The only thing I can say about it was they had GREAT food after!