Tuesday, December 22, 2009

7.48 Miles

Yes the .48 is important!
The 1/2 marathon is coming up on January 23rd. our miles are increasing.Considering that a 5k (3.1 miles) was the furthest I have ever ran in my life and I didnt even run the whole thing....
Its getting pretty tough. On the other hand I'm kind of surprised at how well I'm doing.
I use to see people out there running and think to myself "I wish I was that kind of person, motivated, driven, and healthy."
Now when I run I get people honking support and a few honks for other reasons. And it hit me the other day that i am one of those people now. Sappy I know.
I was thinking back to the time I ran a 5k with Calley. I remember the reaction of people even my own family that laughed at the idea of me running a race. i remember thinking that 3.1 miles was so long and that Calley was so much tougher then me and in better shape. Of course she was but I could take her out now... well maybe not! lol
ANYWAYS... It'll be exciting come race day.